Does he know?

Because death and pain can send you on a long, windy path.

Do you think he knows?
Do you think he knows about the letters I’ve written? About the tears, I’ve cried? The places I’ve wanted to go to? The places I’ve been in and at? Do you think he can see me? Do you think I’ll know before I die one day? Does he know how much I’ve slacked? How much I’ve hurt? The hell I’ve put myself and others through? The terrible ways I treat mom and sister sometimes?
Sometimes I feel like I get too much. I don’t deserve the greatness in my life sometimes, but then I look around and see kids with new cars and phones and clothes and think ‘why the hell do they deserve that shit?’
Does he know my future? What's in store for me? How far I get? If I succeed?

Do you think he will be proud of me? Do you think he is disappointed?



// Originally written October 24th, 2015 //

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Again

My First Post